PETITION TO ASK KOFI ANNAN TO RESIGN AFTER HIS FAILURE OVER DARFUR SUDAN - Dear President Bush - China's Africa policy, oil, and Darfur Sudan
The AU soldiers have to act as observers and watch refugee camps being bulldozed by government forces. A few days ago Government of Sudan forces attacked innocent civilians, threw tear gas into refugee camps, took refugees and drove away with them in vehicles against their will - and shot at a BBC reporter ... I'm lost for words ... and cannot repeat what is happening. Please read previous posts, and the most recent ones on the front page at Passion of the Present. Here are links to today's posts:
(1) HERE'S CALLING FOR THE RESIGNATION OF KOFI ANNAN (my post)
(2) Petition to ask Kofi Annan to resign, after his failure to stop the genocide in Darfur Sudan (Jim's)
(3) Petition to UN Security Council asking Kofi Annan to resign, after his failure to stop the genocide in Darfur Sudan (my post)
(4) Dear President Bush (another great post by Jim)
(5) China's Africa policy, oil, and Darfur Sudan (Jim - great links, thanks)
Note, Nick's buddy, Dr Jonathan Spector, who is recently back home in Boston after working with MSF (Doctors Without Borders) in Darfur - is, at long last, featured in a post at the Passsion (authored by Jim or his wife, I think) Don't lose hope for the children of Darfur Sudan. Seems there has been difficulty getting the photos online. Be sure to click on the photo (sorry it is too large for flickr to size here) of Jonathan's screen.