Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Sudan oil output to double by end 2006

Sudan's oil output is expected to double from current levels of around 330,000 barrels a day by the end of this year, Oil Ministry and oil executives has said Today, according to Dow Jones Newswires.

The increase in oil production capacity will come with the completion of the Petrodar project in blocks three and seven in southeast Sudan, originally scheduled to come on stream but subject to delays.
- - -

Olympic champion Cheek donates prize money to Darfur

US speedskater Joey Cheek will donate the 25,000 dollars he will receive from the US Olympic Committee for his victory to "Right to Play", an athlete-driven charity organization, with the money earmarked for Darfur.

Right to Play receives $25,000 donation for Darfur

"I knew if I ever did something like this, I wanted to be able to give something back," Cheek said. "The best way I can say thanks is to donate my money to help somebody else."

Cheek's role model is former Norwegian speedskater Johan-Olaf Koss, who made a similar contribution in 1994 when the program was called Olympic Aid.

"The things he has done for other people have been an inspiration for me," Cheek said. "It's my hope that I can assist some people and walk in his large shoes."

AFP photo via Yahoo news 14 Feb 2006.

No comments: