Friday, February 16, 2007

Telegraph's David Blair may be related to family who adopted Tony Blair's dad

Snippet from David Blair's blog entry Feb 15 - Rest assured - we're not related:
My understanding is that the Prime Minister's father was adopted by a family called Blair, and so he took their name and passed it on to his son.

But for this quirk of fate, the Prime Minister would have a different surname. It's just about possible that I might be distantly related to the family who adopted Blair's dad, but not to the man himself.

If any of you were curious, I hope this sets your mind at rest.
I didn't know Tony Blair's father was adopted. I'd like to see an experienced Africa correspondent like David Blair interview PM Blair about what he thinks of Sudanese rebel groups operating out of Europe and the UK. Who is behind them? How are they funded? Who buys and plants landmines in South Sudan and Darfur in Western Sudan? Horrible. Murky. Shudder.

No comments: