Saturday, August 06, 2005

Sudan: Artwork - Africa On My Mind

Africa on Marc's Mind

Marc, pictured above, has a great post here and here about this deep and thoughtful piece of art he has created to symbolize Sudan's current situation.

Africa on Marc's Mind

In the post, Marc describes how he came about designing the piece and says he thought up the following quote while in the process of finishing it:
"It's amazing what you can do with little supplies and lots of motivation."
And, explains why he finds this quote to be true:
"This year at my school we raised $2,008 in 12 school days to send to Doctors Without Borders to aid innocent civilians in Sudan. The amazing thing about that is not only the fact that we have less than 750 students at my school, but we are also a fairly poorer school to begin with; so it really goes to show how much you can do when you're motivated.

I began this project on Friday, April 8.
I completed it today, Saturday, April 16.
It took a little over a week to complete.
It's probably my favorite piece out of all the artwork I've ever created.

Funny how I finished it all in one week, too. It usually takes me weeks upon weeks to get everything "correct" in my eyes in my pieces.

THEY REALLY
NEED YOUR HELP.

Peace.

I worked hard on putting this post together so please comment and let me know what you think."
[Note, Comments can be left at Marc's Xanga or Live Journal sites. See Marc's Darfur t-shirt designs]
- - -

Project Unity t-shirts

Project Unity t-shirts

Some energetic young Americans at Project Sudan are promoting Project Unity t-shirts.

Tags:

No comments: