Monday, August 19, 2019

Ethnically-targeted destruction in Darfur Sudan

HERE is a copy of a tweet by Eric Reeves @sudanreeves dated 6:31 am 17 Aug 2019 saying: "The rape of girls and women has been an integral part of the ethnically-targeted campaign of human destruction that has defined realities in #Darfur for 16 years (see https://wp.me/p45rOG-1QG). There are no signs the military will allow the transitional government to stop it".
To visit the above tweet click here: https://twitter.com/sudanreeves/status/1162718662853386241 

Note from Sudan Watch Editor: I realise that rape has been used as a weapon of war in every war but I wonder about it in places such as Darfur, whether it is used as a way of Arabizing Sudan.  I guess Sudan is an Afro-Arab country but I don't understand why Sudanese people are intent on killing each other.  Northern Ireland's conflicts were complicated but understandable, Sudan's conflicts seem more complicated and not understandable. Who is pitting Sudanese people against each other, I wonder.

No comments: