Wednesday, April 19, 2023

WAR CRIMES AND HUMANITARIAN CRISES ALERT: ICC must indict Sudanese leaders Burhan and Daglo

NOTE from Sudan Watch Editor: 


Over the past twenty years I have been behind this screen watching and waiting for peace and civilian rule to blossom in Sudan and South Sudan. 


During the latter part of Mr Bashir's presidency I posted here saying I disagreed with him being indicted because the time was not right. In those days Sudan was ruled by tribal leaders and warriors such as Musa Hilal. 


Now I believe the time is right to arrest Sudan's current leaders Messrs Burhan and Daglo. If they are not, I believe, given their history and psychopathy, there will be humanitarian crises unlike anything before. Rule of law will evaporate, looting and civil disobedience will reign.


In my view, we are now witnessing the start of humanitarian crises in and around Sudan while Russia aims for a naval base in Port Sudan on Red Sea for ships with nuclear capability in exchange for military equipment.


All I can think to do is use this blog as a lighthouse flashing a light into a dark stormy sea with sirens warning not to believe a word from Burhan and Daglo. Their evilness and greed knows no bounds. They may end up like Libya's Gadaffi and must be removed from their thrones while alive.


In short, I believe it is now up to the ICC to have these two serial killers arrested and put in the dock in The Hague to answer for the atrocities of the past 20 years in Sudan starting with Darfur in western Sudan.


Longtime readers of Sudan Watch, of which there are many around the world, will know I am not a political activist or doing this for personal gain. I am an anti-poverty campaigner wanting peace to flourish in Sudan.


A few minutes ago I emailed this post to the ICC. I state it here for the record so whatever transpires from now on they can't say they were not warned. The ICC must act now or be dismantled as a waste of money.


God bless the people of Sudan, keep them safe and well with food and water, medical care and security. This time, thanks to progress in technology and satellite communications, the world really is watching.


[Ends]

No comments: